Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Yum Yum

No stitching updates this week because of too many other things keeping me busy right now. But I did place an order at Peek (www.apeekintoyesterday.com) after a long absence! *BIG HAPPY GRIN*

What a great recipe and so easy to make! This is a Fall favorite for me and Harold!
Homemade Oyster Stew

4 cups of whole milk
1 can of oysters, drained
1/4 stick butter
salt and pepper
several dashes of Worsterchire sauce

Melt butter in sauce pan. Add remaining ingredients and heat. A delicious and easy hot homemade soup to serve with crackers and a sandwich! Serves 3. Can be doubled or tripled or quadrupled! LOL

2 comments:

Edgar said...

I just love Oyster stew, in fact it has been my families traditional Christmas eve dinner with little ham sandwiches for as long as I can remember...which is going on to 35+ years. Love the rug!!!

Mindi said...

Oh yum, that sounds delicious, and very easy. I've never had oyster stew, but I love oysters and clam chowder, so I'm sure I'd love this.