Monday, September 10, 2007

A New Start


No progress updates on the Willow Tree Sampler. Painting has taken priority this week! But I am getting ready to begin several new starts this week! Stayed tuned to find out what they are!

It's a new week. Harold's vacation time went by too fast. I have had some issues to deal with that kept me from enjoying my normal routine. I am at a point now where I feel I can resume my life. So I start this morning with my old and beloved routines -- coffee, blogs and Peek!

I looked though my stack of charts over the weekend that I still want to stitch along with the list of those I still want to purchase! Yikes! Where in heaven's name would I put all of these?!! We would have to move to a MUCH larger house with ALOT more walls! LOL! It seems I have made plans about doing certain themes and walls. Good intentions but maybe I should just stick with doing pieces as I choose them. No pressure!

Poor Aida. So many people have abandoned you for different types of stitching fabrics but you hold a special place in my heart. I learned to stitch with you and you stuck by my side all those years I had such a hard time stitching because of my eyes. When I was able to take my stitching up again, you and your friends were waiting in my sewing basket to greet me! Maybe I just have a soft place in my heart for the underdogs. Sort of like the plants I buy at the store that are close to dying from neglect. I must bring them home and try to revive them with love and care. You will always have a place here with me, dear Aida! One of my scrapbooking friends, Linda (http://elendae.typepad.com/bliss/) sent me a wonderful package full of Aida scraps and larger pieces! These will be great for ornaments and smalls! Thank you, Linda!

I am so ready for cooler weather! This awful hot, stale heat is keeping my birds at bay. They are only venturing out early in the mornings before the heat gets unbearable! Right now, taking pictures seems futile because everything is either dried up from the heat or in hiding from the heat!

Paint update! What a fiasco! We started too late in the week. We were continually being side tracked and interrupted thus having to stop which delayed our progress even more! Then when we finally got started good, we discovered the paint we bought didn't cover as good as it should so back to the store for a different brand of paint and a new start!

The living and dining areas are finished. The hall will have to wait until a free weekend. We have been busy putting things back in their places. A big job and it may take a while to completely finish. But the rooms are painted and ready for the new chairs that should be delivered this week and the new TV we hope to be getting very soon! Hopefully I will get some pictures later in the week!

No comments: