Saturday, March 29, 2014
My charts by Heartstring Samplery arrived and I am having a hard time not starting one of them immediately! For now I have my monthly Stitch from Stash spending report. As the rules state, we are allowed a spending budget of $25 a month. I spent $18 in March on the charts mentioned above so once again I stayed within my limit. I have spent a total of $45 to date out of an allowable $75. Luckily, I have a good stash of threads and fabrics to last for awhile. The only WIP I worked on this month was The Apostle's Creed. I hope to have a finish and a new start to report next month!
Sunday, March 23, 2014
We had lovely warm weather last week and I have birds nesting in several of birdhouses out back! The chickadees are back and in the same house they choose each year! I just love watching them flit around! Several bluebird couples have been checking out houses. I am keeping my fingers crossed they decide to move in and raise a family! I was forgetful about putting out some birdseed in the feeders but after the rain stopped, I did just that in hopes it might lure some more possible tenants to my houses!
Once again, Beth of Heartstring Samplery has outdone herself! I bought two of her newest charts. Forever Young and Lasting as Eternity. There was no debating about it. I knew as soon as I saw them that I had to add them to my stash! Even though I am trying to work from my stash as much as possible I was not going to kid myself into thinking that I would not get any new charts! That's just absurd! *wink*
Yes, I am still working on The Apostle's Creed and I am beginning to wonder if and when I will ever have my first finish for 2014! I am getting closer though. I keep saying that I am going to pull out a new start for a rotation but then I end up stitching on TAC some more! Either way is fine by me.
There has not been a lot going on around here lately. Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart!
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Our dishwasher died back in December. The repair man told us it would cost more to fix than a new one would cost so we decided to save and wait. The wait was finally over and I have a new dishwasher! In celebration I fixed this for dinner and it was big hit with everyone!
I have fixed Boston Butt roasts before but this one an immediate success and even though I was a little intimidated by the directions, it was not hard at all! I did make several changes. I used Fuji apples because that is what I had on hand and they are so flavorful. I cooked it several hours longer (5 in all) because the dishwasher men were coming out and I was not certain how long it would take them and I wanted everything to be ready in time. The extra cooking time made the meat fall off the bone, it was so tender! I was told by my family NOT to change a thing and continue to fix it this way. It is hard to find meals to cook that everyone will be happy with but this one did just that! It will definitely be fixed again! I was even able to cut the roast in half and it was enough to feed my group and I still have another half in the freezer to fix another night!