Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Time to Chow Down


Don't you just love getting rewards for spending money? Especially when it's the necessary kind like grocery shopping! The store I grocery shop at gives at various rewards through out the year. In the past I have gotten gift cards for gasoline, luggage, a gardening tool set, lawn chairs and much more! Last night I made a quick run to the store to pick up some milk and upon checking the bottom of my receipt I noticed I had yet another reward waiting to be claimed! I was able to choose a gift card from a long list of well known stores or restaurants. This weekend, Harold and I will be enjoying a nice gift card to one of our favorite steak houses compliments of our grocery store!

Easy Chicken Parmesan
INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
seasoned bread crumbs
8 slices mozzarella cheese, or more
1 jar (16 oz) spaghetti sauce
Parmesan cheese
PREPARATION:
Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs. In a skillet with a little olive oil over medium-high heat, brown on both sides until golden. Set chicken in a baking dish.
Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two on each chicken breast. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti, garlic bread and a nice green salad.

On the Road. While stopped to get some gas this horse and I were infatuated watching each other! He seemed to enjoy having his picture made too!

No comments: