Wednesday, August 22, 2007

From Start to Finish



A new start! Willow Tree Sampler by Carriage House Sampling. I think it will be an easy one that will stitch up steady and smooth since color changes are few and far between.

I was going to wait on getting our new living room chairs before starting a new piece but -- what the heck! If I have my way, we will be going out this weekend to shop for them!

Here is my recipe of the week. With the heat still going strong, no one wants to be stuck in the kitchen cooking over a hot oven so here is a good meal made with the convenience of your crock pot.

MUSHROOM BEEF and PASTA
1 pound beef stew meat
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 tsp. pepper
Hot cooked pasta
1. Combine beef, soup, soup mix, mushrooms and pepper in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments: