Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dog Days


When I look at how far along other gals have gotten on charts I am only now beginning (or planning to begin) I feel REALLY behind! But as the old saying goes "better late than never" and I'm sticking to that!

Now that I have been stitching awhile again and making up my wish list I have found that I am partial to reproduction samplers, Quaker samplers and samplers featuring birds and/or houses. There are plenty that don't fall into any of these categories that I like but the majority do. Of course, you gotta love those quick and simple charts!

Aren't these little books adorable? My friend, Sheila, sent them to me. She says she bought them but they look yummy enough to be homemade! I have find some special uses for these! The mailman also delivered my new thimbles today! What beauties!

I did some shopping today. Out around town AND online. I picked up some fabrics and threads for AAFG plus several other charts. Everyone at the store was very impressed that I was going to tackle AAFG and asked me to bring it in when I finish! A quick run by the post office to drop off another circle journal. Plus several other quick stops where I picked up a few items for some neglected collections! Then home to shop online a bit for a few more charts! YEE HAW!

It was still hot today but not quite as bad as the past few days! That was a relief! And for those of you wondering how I have been doing on not smoking -- ALL IS GREAT! I just passed my 4 month mark without a cigarette. If you want to stop I highly recommend you ask your doctor to give you a prescription of Chantex!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I stopped smoking a long, long time ago. When I tried it again after six months, it really made me sick, so stay with it and it will never come back. Does that mean you will ever lose the smoker's habits? Well, no. I could still carry a cigarette and a glass in one hand. I probably check for my cell phone as I once checked for cigarettes before leaving the house.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Those little notebooks are gorgeously cute!
HURRAY on the stopping smoking! I need to tell my Mom about the prescription, thanks for sharing it :)