Thursday, December 11, 2008

Old Man Winter

Winter Cover. When we rake up the fallen leaves in Autumn, I like to use the many piles for winter cover around some of my more tender plants. Then later in the Spring, the leaves will turn to mulch good for the soil around these plants!

An American legends has the pineapple a symobl of hositality. When colonial sea captains returned from their tropical voyages, they would take pineapples from their cargo and hang them on their front door or gate post as a sign of welcome and hospitality. Later, people began carving designs into doorways and gate posts. Pineapples are still given today as a symbol of welcome or friendship.

*I would love to find a renewal to JCS in my stocking*

Thanks for stopping by to see me today and I hope you will take the time to say hi in the comment section! I love hearing from you!




1 comment:

Irene said...

Great use of the leaves.