Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting Ready for 2009!


I began stitching on this Stacy Nash design during Christmas week and finished it up yesterday. I just took my time and didn't rush with it. I had thought that Wool and Flax would be my last finished stitch of 2008 but I was wrong! I hope to do a lot more holiday stitching in 2009!

We ran some errands on Friday and I picked up some much needed bird food so my feathered friends don't suffer any on these cold winter mornings! I told Harold it would be just my luck to run out of bird food and there would be a big ice storm! No worries now, though!

Between now and the end of the year, I am getting ready to start working on ornaments for next Christmas. I will share with you as I finish. I am planning to stitch up 5 before the final finish into ornaments.

I was able to get several more designs kitted up over the weekend. And I have some thread shopping to do. I also added some new links to the sidebar and not just stitchy links. Can you find them?

Even though I have enough designs in my stash to keep me busy for a good long while, I am still excited to see what the designers are going to surprise us with in 2009! I know there will be some I will *just have to have* and will bump some current charts to the back of the line!

Be sure to sign up for the PIF drawing on my previous post! Thank for stopping by!

13 comments:

Françoise said...

lovely!!!
hugs
françoise

Anonymous said...

Cute finish! Good luck with your 2009 stitching plans.

Becky K in OK said...

I love it. Had hoped to get it stitched this year, but alas, time is running out. I still have high hopes though.

Petra said...

What a great finish!
Congrats!

Nancy said...

Your Dashing is very beautiful Sherry!

staci said...

Love it!!! Congrats on squeezing in another finish for 2008!

Roberta said...

Hi Sherry, just love this design and you did a nice job stitching it so quickly.

Happy New Year,
Roberta

Daffycat said...

Great finish!

You certainly can't run out of bird seed! One year we had a huge ice/snow storm that had everything covered for days and days on end. My robins were desperately eating the shelled sunflower I put out~poor little guys!

Anonymous said...

absolutely great , bravo !

viviane

Irene said...

Nice finish, I love this design.

Julie said...

It looks wonderful! Good going!

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish! Good luck with your ornies in 2009 :)

Kathy said...

What a cute finish. Happy new year

Hugs xxxxx