Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. It was a quite day around here. Ours was a quite day without all the excitement that little ones bring to the day! It was still nice though. I stitched, called my dad and cousins, remembered others that were no longer with us to celebrate, walked among my birds for a while with camera in hand (of course) and enjoyed spending time with my husband.

We don't have many Christmas presents to get anymore. We used to have oodles with all the small kids, cousins, neices and nephews, grandparents, family name drawings and more. A lot of these people have either passed away or moved on. Now we only get for my parents, our kids and each other. I miss all the clatter of getting that 'just right' gift and then wrapping them all! It definitely is a lot more stressful now but I just miss it, plain and simple!

I want to make an obscene amount of Christmas ornaments in 2009 and have a large over sized bowl and basket waiting to hold these as they are stitched and finished into ornaments!

Aren't these little ornaments beautiful? I found them at my Dollar Store. They are plastic but look like glass and they catch the light making them just shimmer with soft colors. I plan to sew these on to some of the ornaments I make as a charm.

Although I definitely plan to keep to my no obligation stitching rule for 2009, I would still like to make several gifts for next Christmas. Not many, mind you. Just a couple. We'll see what happens.


Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: