Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Making Choices

Do you ever feel like you have too many layouts?

And if you keep scrapping at this rate you will be totally over run by them! Sometimes I do but then I remember how much I enjoy it and like everything else, it has it's good points and not so good points. It's just a matter of weighing them out and choosing to do what you feel best about!

1. GOOD. I probably enjoy this craft/hobby more than any other one I have done.
2. BAD. The store I bought my albums at stopped carrying them so I have to look for a new place that carries them.
3. GOOD. I enjoy being able to combine so many of my interests into one hobby.
4. BAD. I have been known to spend quite a bundle on supplies when I should be getting other things I need. For instance, my splurge on stamps this past weekend!
5. GOOD. After working on my family history I realized just how important the story behind the picture really was and scrapbooking gives me the nudge to do this.
6. BAD. Too many pictures to scrap. But I don't remember seeing a rule that says I have to scrap every single one (even though I may try to). Pick the best and leave the rest! Just picking out the ones that really speak to me.
7. GOOD. I just can't say this enough - I enjoy it. Simple as that. Enough said!

I have always been an advocate of having a hobby! I encourage my family to find hobbies and support them in their current ones. Hobbies help a person unwind, relax and breathe. Something to focus on other than the problems and worries of everyday that tend to pile up whether we realize it or not. Plus they have an uncanny way of making you feel good about yourself! I can't think of any better reason than that! Can you?

Choice made! I will continue to scrap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hobbies are awesome! And healthy. Scrapbooking is the best among all...LOL

Anonymous said...

Love your list of good and bad! :D
~Sharon