Sunday, February 02, 2020

Sort of Long and Lots of Pictures

We had some snow several days ago! It was coming down so hard and big flakes but it stopped not long after it started and turned to just cold rain! I would love one good snow before the end of the season.



It won't be long before the weather is nice enough that we can drive up to the mountains and see family again! I always love the mountains no matter what season!



Two infusions down and two left to go for this round! Last infusion was a bad day. The infusion went fine with no problems but one of gals brought me a cup of coffee (very much appreciated) with creamer that I am allergic to! I should have asked but it slipped my mind! From now on, I will take my OWN creamer so that does not happen again!

I have an update on Quaker Bluebirds aka Redbirds by Willow Hill Sampling. Unfortunately, I am not as far along as I had hoped to be by now but I am really enjoying this stitch! I had to stop and take care of some frogs but it will be worth it in the long run. I have an update on Virtuous Woman as well but I am going to save it for next time! I am taking my time on both of these. No worry. No hurry.



Can you believe that I am already itching for another new start?? I am usually a one project at a time type of gal.  I made an exception this time with Quaker Bluebirds and Virtuous Woman but I will fight those new start urges until at least one of these is finished!

I made a run to our LNS for some threads I was out of and while I was there, this sassy fellow by PSS caught my eye. I had to bring him home!



I don't buy much jewlery but once in a while I see something that just sets my heart spinning. I have had my eye on these two necklaces over at Etsy for quite some time. I finally gave in and bought them!




The recipe of the week is An Old Fashioned Skillet Meatloaf. The picture and recipe are from Pinterest. This was a new meatloaf recipe for me and it was a BIG hit!  Everyone really enjoyed it! I substituted BBQ sauce for the ketchup and it worked great.



INGREDIENTS
2 lbs. Ground Beef  (80/20 or 85/15)
1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup Ketchup
2 eggs
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce

TOPPING
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Add the onion, salt, pepper, 1 cup ketchup and the Worcestershire sauce to the eggs stir until blended. Add the ground beef and the oats mix well using a wooden spoon or your hands ( I used my hands).
3. Dump mixture into a 10in. cast iron skillet, press to shape. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can follow the same instructions for a bread pan.  Bake for one hour, remove from oven, spread on the topping and bake for 25 more minutes or until the center reaches 160 degrees.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Great start! The necklaces are very sweet. We all deserve a treat one in a while x

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of the necklaces are lovely! Sorry that you had some reverse stitching on the Bluebirds/Redbirds piece. I love the picture of your mountain drive and the big fluffy snowflakes. I, too, am hoping for one good snow before winter draws to a close.

butterfly said...

Love the necklaces .
Great new start.