Sunday, February 09, 2020

Stitching Along

Last week we had weather temps in the mid 60s but we also had a tornado touch down. Luckily it missed us. Two day later the weather was 33 and snowing again!! Talk about some wonky southern weather!

One more infusion this round then I am finished until July unless somethng happens. Fingers crossed!

I promised an update on Virtuous Woman this time and here it is! I have been taking her to infusions when I go. Sometimes I get a good bit stitched and other days I only manage a small amount of stitching along side of a good nap. Unfortunately the frogs followed me to infusion! All taken care of now! I have been working on her at home some too. I am planning to frame her so I am not sure if I will tweek her any,



I also have another update on Quaker Bluebirds aka Redbirds. This piece is really hard to put down but it does seem to ge going slow



I have struggled for years with the way I stitch. I like to do one piece and get it finished before moving on but I have always envied stitchers with rotations. Vonna aka the twisted stitcher mentioned on Fiber Talk about a new rotation method that she is going to try. It sounded very interesting and not so overwhelming.I may give it a try but nothing major

How many WIPs do you have? Do you dream of starting a new start while workng on an current piece? Be honest!

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

4 comments:

marly said...

I am a monogamous stitcher. I'm afraid I won't go back to finish the other piece.

Hope all goes will with the last infusion. Glad the tornado missed you!

Robin in Virginia said...

I have 1 WIP which was started at the end of January because I mainly stitch on smalls and ornaments. This WIP will see some time in February (I am hoping 8-10 hours worth of time). Both of your pieces are looking good! If I remember correctly, you are stitching the Bluebirds in red over one. I have found that over one stitching always leaves me with the impression that not much was accomplished. Have a good week!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The two samplers are looking lovely.
I have a good rotation which works for me - monthly SALs at the beginning of the month, then my Focus piece, then a random choice.
I also have my 20 a day project and my bathtime projects! As well as a travel project...

butterfly said...

Lovely work on your samplers .
I rotate my stitching all the time , and it all gets finished in time.