Saturday, June 15, 2019

Page One

What is up with the fonts on the blog? Everything looks great until I hit publish and then I have various size fonts through out the post!

I was not able to do much stitching over the week. My arm has been hurting horribly! I have tried Ben Gay, Tylenol and an ice pack. None of which relieves the pain for any real length of time. I may have pulled a muscle or I possibly slept on my arm wrong but I was able to get enough stitching done to finish page 1 of the Creation Sampler! Big milestone!



Look at what I found on Pinterest! They are free printables. You can type "Stitch All the Things" in the search bar.  I have an old 3 ring binder and some page protectors that I have been saving to make some sort of stitching planner. These will work great!



Another non stitchy project I tackled this week was printing out several pictures of my moma that I have been meaning to do and kept forgetting about. I miss her everyday. She passed away before we could advance our relationship to best friends but I talk to her every night.. These have always been two of my favorite pictures of her even though they were taken before I came along and I decided it was time to frame them! I have to mention that my Grandma made my mother's wedding dress. She even made an identical dress for my Barbie out of leftover material.  Of course I had to print out one of my favorites of me and moma together at Christmas. Now to find the perfect frames!



I was able to make a trip to my LNS for some threads. Sometimes I know exactly what I want and can order but other times I like to see how they will blend together before I buy. I went in to get the threads for 3 projects. I left with threads for 4 projects pIus a new chart!  I also bought some new fabrics at My Vintage Needle Arts on Etsy. They were a little pricey compared to what I usually get but sometimes you want that really special piece of fabric for a design and these really fit the bill! No regrets!

What do you do with a chart when you have finished stitching the design? I usually like to share or trade but there are several designers I like to collect so I hang on to these.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful photos you shared of your Momma! It sounded like you had a great outing to your LNS. Charts that I have stitched -- some I keep, some I giveaway, some I add to the trade table at stitch group and/or retreats. I hope your arm is feeling better. Enjoy your weekend!