Saturday, June 22, 2019

A Slow Week

We had a short break from the hot hot humid days. It was nice while it lasted but those days are back! What's a gal to do? Even though I hate getting out on those super hot days, I love summer for 2 reasons. Watermelon and Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble! I bought my watermelon when I did grocery shopping AND I bought everything I needed to make my crumble! Sort of a cross between a pie and cobbler. The picture is not mine. It is from Pinterest where I got the recipe. By the time I get my camera out, it is almost eaten up! Oh, it is so good and double good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! I also bought everything to make a peach cobbler later this week. 


It was a week of appointments and errands. I was not able to get any stitching done and very little of any thing else because my shoulder is still hurting terribly. At one appointment, the dr. insisted on taking an X-ray. No results yet so I am crossing my fingers for some summertime inflammation.

I did order my threads and have everything I need to start on Ann Tarbox sometime in the near future.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Thank you for the reminder as I need to start looking for watermelon. Your crumble looks good. I hope they figure out the cause to your shoulder pain. Have a blessed day!

butterfly said...

Lovely food I love crumble , I have Shoulder pain to hope it will get better soon.






marly said...

Ohhhh. Peach cobbler. I used to make a peach kuchen that was so rich and wonderful. Because I love them and they make my dry mouth feel better, I eat a whole seedless watermelon in four days and have gone through 15 so far!