Saturday, June 29, 2019

In The Good Ol Summertime

Another long hot week. A thunderstorm here and there but not enough to cool the days off. My shoulder is very slowly feeling better. I still have to be careful how I move my arm but I am able to do a little more with it now. I have not gotten the results of the X-ray yet which is good because she said if it was something that needed immediate attention she would call me right away. Otherwise she will mail the results along with my lab results.

My infusion has been scheduled. As a matter of fact the one after this upcoming one (last of the year) is tentatively scheduled as well. I am going to save the remainder of Creation Sampler to finish up in infusion. I know I will finish before I am totally done with all 4 four rounds so I will take FAITH by Heartstring Samplery in to work on. I decided to start over and use and different color thread on it.

My peach cobbler came out perfect! A scoop of vanilla ice cream made it wonderful! Once again, the picture is from the blog where I got the recipe. I ask my family nicely to let me get a picture before they dig in but when I come back with the camera....... LOL. Oh well, I guess I should take that as a compliment! LOL.



I love my Strawberry Rhubarb crumble but I wanted a pie. So....... I had to be careful how I moved my arm around but I got it made and YUM! I did not even attempt to get my camera for a picture this time. Good thing because as soon as the timer dinged, they were all standing around waiting for a piece! Here is the blog where I got the picture and the recipe.



When I went to the store to get my rhubarb, it had not been put out yet so I had to ask a young man in produce if he could get it for me. The head guy in produce over heard me and asked "what are you going to make with it this time?" I laughed and told him "a pie". The young man came back with my rhubarb and said "Mam, you make pies with this? Is it good? What does rhubarb taste like?" I will have to take a piece of it to him!

While my shoulder kept me from moving around like normal, I used the time to work on my Stitching Bucket List. It is a nice long list. I divided it into two sections so it would not seem as over whelming. The top 15 are kitted up and ready to begin any time.

Since Creation Sampler is on the back burner until infusions, I decided to pull a small sampler to work on. Catharine Dickenson 1840 by Scattered Seed Samplers. I love the colors used. I am using Aida 18ct. Irish Cream hand dyed from My Vintage Needleworks on Etsy. I can stitch without much trouble since I have little to none upper arm movement while doing it. I forgot to download my pictures to the computer but will share next post.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Yum on the peach cobbler! I look forward to seeing your new sampler start. What color thread did you pick for the Heartstring Samplery piece? Have a wonderful weekend!

marly said...

Oh my those treats look wonderful. I have several rhubarb recipes but my tooth is such a sweet one that I need to add a LOT of sugar!