Saturday, June 08, 2019

Hello Again!

Another hot hot hot week! There were several days when the humidity was a bit lower but not enough to get excited about! LOL. I don't think we even have Spring and Fall anymore. Several weeks of the seasonal weather and then we jump right into Summer or Winter!

Here is a new update on Creation Sampler by Words of Praise. I am loving it although I did not get in as much stitching as I had hoped. I want to get this piece finished up so that I can decide on my infusion project, get everything together and get a head start on it.  I was able to get several more designs kitted up over the week. I like to have everything together and ready to start on but it never fails I will choose a design to work on that I don't even have the threads for yet!



I went through my stash over the long weekend and this past week I pulled out some WIPs that I have tucked away in drawers. I had started on Marianne Wenn a few years ago and was looking forward to working on her some more. I found the chart and the threads but the WIP was GONE!!! I looked in all of my usual hiding places. No Marianne. Ah ha, there was one last place I had forgotten about and there she was!



I pulled her out and instantly remembered why I had stopped stitching on her. I did not like the fabric. I had accidentally stitched on the back side of the fabric (the front side was mottled) and did not notice until I was too far along to frog it all out. I was trying to decided whether to pick up where I left off or start new on fabric I really like. With some advice from my stitcher friends, I have decided to start new.

I found several other WIPs that I will share in a later post. I was able to get several sampler designs to add to my stash as well. Ann Pegg 1877 by The Scarlett House and Summer Beaming Forth by Blackbird Designs. I don't even fight the urge or make excuses anymore. It's a losing battle! LOL

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

The Words of Praise piece is moving along. Such lovely colors! Glad you found Marianne Wenn! What fabric are you going to be restarting her on? Enjoy your weekend!