Sunday, October 28, 2018

One Day At A Time

Life is starting to settle down a bit and getting back to normal. A few minor things are still keeping us jumping otherwise all is as it was before. As I like to say, Dull is good.

The grass is coming up nicely around the Willow Tree and some birds are beginning to find their way to the branches. Several birds bumped their heads on the branch above them but they look fine to me.  I am not going to put Hannah's name at the bottom like is in the design. I decided I wanted to make it mine. I am very happy with it so far and look forward to getting it finished.



I prefer to only do one piece at a time. My poor old mind gets befuddled if I have too much going on at once but I just couldn't help myself. I started on the Stacey Nash design, Buttermilk and Blue but since I HAVE to have some red in just about  every piece I stitch, I am calling it Buttermilk and Blue with a splash of Red! I have not really started. I am still in the setting up stages of picking out the fabric, getting my threads together...... A picture will come once I actually start.

One of my favorite Fall meals is Chili Beans and Cornbread! Really warms you up on a cool day!  I fix my chili several different ways. Sometimes I want a meaty chili and other times I feel like a vegan version. Both are delicious and very filling.  I made some Chili last night and had every intention of taking a picture but by time I got my camera out, it was GONE! LOL.

What is your very favorite Halloween candy? I have loved candy corn since I was a little girl. I still buy a big bag at Halloween time but I don't eat as much of it as I used to. 



I picked up a few houseplants while we were out last weekend. I always enjoy a nice houseplant. They just make everything look fresh and welcoming.



I spent the last several days getting my kitchen back to how I like it! Someone by the name of NOT ME is always moving things around! It really gets on my nerves when NOT ME turns my kitchen upside down. I still have a good bit more to do but I have the counter tops set up to my liking again! But now that I see my pretty organized counters, I realize my kitchen walls need to be painted BAD!

As I sit here I am listening to our resident woodpecker pecking on the house! He used to peck, peck, peck on the gutters. I guess he got tired of that and now he pecks on the house! We even have a hole on the outside that we need to repair or we will have woodpecker babies hanging around within the walls of our house! I bought a woodpecker house just for them to use but he still prefers OUR house! LOL.



Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

marly said...

Those peckers are so destructive. We had a football sized hole in the attic area (we couldn't hear the pecking until it was too late) and the trim boards are all riddled with holes. The banging on metal is a signal, sometimes looking for a mate. They are migratory and therefore in PA, cannot be injured, captured, killed, or disturbed. I have poachers in the woods behind me but I can be fined for protecting my house!

I can only do one project at a time too. And I've never had chili without meat! Krusteaz honey corn bread mix is my favorite since I am getting lazy and prefer to open a box.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your potted houseplant looks so pretty. I stopped spending money on them because they would last a week or so with my brown/black thumb. You are making good progress on your willow tree piece. I look forward to seeing your splash of red on the Stacy Nash stitch. Have a relaxing Sunday and a wonderful week!

Carol said...

Nice progress on your latest stitching! I am a one project at a time stitcher, too... Just don't know how so many stitcher juggle multiple projects :)

Favorite candy--Almond Joys!! And most trick or treaters pick something else so there are usually a lot left for me :)