Tuesday, October 02, 2018

October Days

October has rolled around again! I always enjoy the cooler weather that October brings. Cool enough for a sweater but warm enough to still get out and enjoy the day!  I am hoping to go to a local Apple Festival later this month. I will be looking for some Winesap Apples.



I have a few more finishes to share with you. I started and finished Because Nice Matters by La D Da. I have had this pattern since 2003 and kept pulling it only to put it back in place of something else. Now it is done and I love it!



I also stitched on a freebie by Lori Brechlin over at Notforgotten Farm (link in my sidebar) called Samplermaker.



Right now now I am working on Willow Tree Sampler by Carriage House Samplings. Another pattern I have had for a long time. When we were first married, we each made a list of 5 items we wanted to get over the years. His list was compiled of things like a pick up truck. nice tools, a building out back, ect. While my list was a roll top desk, a bentwood rocking chair, walls full of cross stitch, stacks of quilts in every room and a weeping willow tree.  When we moved into our first house, our new neighbor found out that I wanted to plant a Weeping Willow and promptly let me know that he was allergic to them so to be a good neighbor, I did not get one but I still dreamed of having one. Now I will have my Weeping Willow tree complete with birds!



Thanks for stopping by! Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart!

2 comments:

marly said...

Allergic to a Weeping Willow?? Never heard of that. But do love your current willow. If only these pleasant days lasted through April, I would accept losing summer!

Robin in Virginia said...

I really like your current stitch project. Nice finishes you shared!