Monday, October 01, 2018

Hello Again!

OMG!! Don't fall over in shock! Yes, I am actually posting an update to my blog! Time seems to go by so much faster these days.  I have been enjoying Pinterest and Flosstube in between stitching. I have had to put a limit on the Floss Tube videos I watch each day! I have missed my blog so much and still visit everyone else.

A lot has happened since my last post. My laptop died. The awesome zoom lense on my camera also died. I am still looking around for a replacement for both of those. I have had 8 rounds of infusions with more each year.

First of all, let me update you on some of the cross stitch I have either finished or have been working on recently. I have good news and bad news. I had an out patient surgery on my arm and I was not sure how much I would be able to use this arm or if I would even be able to stitch and for how long so I decided to pull out a few WIPs and work on them instead of any new starts until I know my limitations.

Good News. I started Feliz Navidad by BBD right before last Christmas. I would work on it and set it down for several weeks, work on it some more and set it down again. You get the picture. I picked it up to work on again and noticed I was very close to a finish so I did just that!



Good News. I picked up on Sarah Steele again. I had set her aside for a while and when I wanted to start again, she was GONE! I tore my house apart looking for her but she finally came out of her hiding place! Another WIP finish. Unfortunately, my fabric ran short and I was not able to stitch the entire design but I still love it!



Good News.I was able to finish up Backyard Birds by La D Da around the first of the year which had been in my WIP basket.



Good News. And The Prayer of St. Francis by Lizzie Kate was an infusion project.



Good News. My first start of the year was Remember Me by Sheepish Designs. I love the simplicity of it. I started working on it with the colors listed. The more I worked on it, the less I liked it. Pastels are just not my favorites. I pulled some new fabric and threads in colors I liked and started over. 



My infusion project for my last round of infusions was The Lord is my Shepard by New York Dreamer.



I have ordered a few items for my stash. Mainly fabrics and threads. I have plenty of designs in my stash but I have picked up several older and OOP patterns that I just "had to have"!  I missed out on Stitch May-nia. By the time I had made my decisions, May was over! LOL. Instead I will concentrate on my Stitching Bucket List. Who knows, after all that has been happening lately I may reward myself for surviving it all with more than one new start!

Thank you for stopping by! Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sherry, it was good to see your new blog post. I enjoyed seeing your finishes and your current project. I hope the infusion treatments are going well for you. Welcome back!