Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Taking a Moment

I was asked about a comment on my last post. If I enjoyed smalls and pillows, why did I stop doing them and only stitching larger framed pieces? Good question and very easy to answer. When my boys were younger, they would use my smalls to throw around the house at each other while playing. The pillows were often used when they would crash on the couch for a quick nap. I always felt like I was trying to rescue my tiny treasures and then I would end up cleaning them over and over again so I decided framing was the safe bet answer and I sort of got into a habit with it. Boys!

I was going to start Favorite Spot Sampler over the weekend but decided to put a few more stitches in Parson Brown by NFF first. He was sitting in my basket and begging for a little attention. I have actually gotten quite a bit done on him in the past several days. I did change several colors just for the sake of my decor. I hope to have him finished by the end of the year then I will pick up Favorite Spot Sampler. I can just see Poor Maidens, Parson Brown and Favorite Spot Sampler in a group together! I'm not sure how I will finish them yet but I can cross that bridge when I come to it! It's been a busy several days with no camera time but I will get a picture of it soon to post!

I knew I would fall behind on my daily blogging but my intentions are good. Thanks for stopping by again. I always enjoy your visits and comments. Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Ah boys! lol! So that's why you have stuck to framed samplers! I'm glad your reasons have grown up now and you can get back to smalls. :D

I think posting every single day is just too hard. I've been enjoying your posts, however frequent they are.

Catherine said...

As the mom of three boys, I can relate! Luckily mine have been good with my stitching - even trying it themselves. However, they have been known to use a roll of toilet paper as a football in the house!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Merry Christmas, Sherry!

Jennifer

Syd said...

I can remember telling my kids that stitched pillows were not for hands or feet - just for looking at.

Jan said...

Sherry...and I will look forward to seeing those 'small' finishes!! I hope that you have a most special and blessed Christmas, dear one!!

Natasha said...

Ha! Good reason to go to frames :) I tried to post everyday once it's way to hard. Im lucky if I get one a week out LOL Love reading your blog though :)

Have a beautiful day!!
Natasha

Natasha said...

Ha! Good reason to go to frames :) I tried to post everyday once it's way to hard. Im lucky if I get one a week out LOL Love reading your blog though :)

Have a beautiful day!!
Natasha

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE the idea of Poor Maidens, Favorite Spot Sampler, and Parson Brown all together!! I might just have to be a copy cat! What a neat idea.

LOL at why you stopped stitching smalls! I can relate. It's only now that I'm starting with smalls, and it's because my kids are finally at the age where they realize that my stitching is to stay put and not be mauled. I would love to be able to put fancy pillows on the sofa but not yet--so much ends up on the floor or under heads as they sprawl out to watch tv (teenagers!) so that will wait a bit. But, at last, I think I can do table top things w/o fear of having to throttle anybody for touching them. ;)

steam cleaning Sacramento said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiscalité à Hong Kong said...

Pillows were often used when I would crash on the couch for a quick nap.