Sunday, December 18, 2011

Morning After

Thank you to everyone for the sweet and special birthday wishes. I had a very nice day. DH and I had a few left over errands to take care of and then it was time for some birthday fun!





First we went out to lunch for a super sized burger. Then he took me to the LNS and I picked up several items for my stash! The Green Santa and Black Santa by BOAF and Favorite Spot Sampler by PSS. After I saw the Spot Sampler finished off at the LNS, I knew I would have a new start this weekend so I came home and got everything kitted up for it.



I had yet another realization. I love samplers, no doubt and I certainly don't want to give up on them but I also love smalls. I used to do a lot of smalls. I enjoyed stitching them and finishing them off. They are fun, quick and satisfying. I love baskets and bowls filled with wonderful things. I enjoy stitched pillows, too. I have been working on bigger pieces and only framing. Time to spread my wings again and savor it all!

This is Christmas week and I'm sure everyone will be holiday busy! Enjoy yourself and the season! Thanks for stopping by again.

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, nice stash!! Yes, I tend to focus on the big pieces as well even though I love smalls. Maybe one of these days I'll do some smalls too. :D Glad you had a good birthday!

Catherine said...

Ooooooohhhhh.....love your new stash!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Lovely new stash... happy belated birthday greetings.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Happy belated birthday! I love the stash you picked up!

Can't wait to see your finishes.

Littlebit said...

Happy (late) birthday Sherry! Love your new BOAF Santas! And I especially love PSS' Spot Sampler. I cannot believe I haven't stitched it yet.

Sherry :o) said...

Happy birthday to you, Sherry! Love your new kitted up presents...very nice! I, too, love the look of smalls in a basket all nestled together...

barbara said...

Happy after-birthday, and congratulations on your wonderful new stash!

Gabi said...

Beautiful stash. Great choices.
Also...happy belated birthday :)

Siobhán said...

Love the new stash!! I tend to focus on stuff that needs to be framed, too, and am working on changing that. I stink at finishing (thanks again for the tip on pulling a string and cutting along the line--I saw that just for the first time at a LNS when I was in the US in 2010!) but am going to work on improving. I'd love to put away some of my other decorations and have bowls and baskets filled with seasonal stuff.

San Mateo carpet cleaning said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
California county jails said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
virtual real estate said...

Glad you had a great birthday celebration.

Mandzsmith22 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.