Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Stop and Start


I NEED A SEWING ROOM! I want a sewing room! I deserve a sewing room! Plain and Simple! I have waited patiently for my boys to grow up so that when one (or both) left home I could claim the empty bedroom! The years have marched on as I have watched them turn into grown ups and they are still living here and are showing no signs of any desire for independence! LOL! Woe is me! So I continue to set my machine as needed on the kitchen table and then put it away again!

I took a break over the weekend and the first part of the week. No stitching at all over the weekend. We did go to a quilt show. What fun and such beautiful works of art! I also managed to get by our local fabric store and start stocking up on some wonderful fat quarters!

My most recent stitching has been Sampler Folk. I left off in an odd place on this one and had been waiting anxiously to pick it back up! I am also thinking it is time for another new start. There are two pieces still waiting their turns. Who knows -- maybe they both will be started by the end of the month!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt show sounds marvelous! Did your DH accompany you and what did he think of it? Even though my DH doesn't give a hoot about any of this stuff, he does truly like getting out with me and seeing me enjoy these types of events.

mainely stitching said...

Love your progress, and can relate to your wish for a sewing room. LOL! :D

Anonymous said...

LOL I want a sewing room too but I've got an even longer wait as my boy is only 14 months old!

Becky K in OK said...

Lovely start. Let the boys know they are going to have to start bunking in together so you can use one of their rooms! Hehe.

Unknown said...

I have a sewing room. And where do I sew? -- in the dining room! The sewing room is full of boxes of fabric and stitching. And the sewing room is not really big enough to cut out large pieces of fabric. I cut that out on the dining room table. (I stitch in the living room.)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Do you have a basememnt? That's my "craft area" :) I had to laugh out loud about your boys not showing "any desire for independence!" :)
I bet you treat them too good! LOL!

Mary Ann said...

Nice progress on your piece and the quilt show sounds like it was very inspiring!