Monday, March 19, 2007

I'mmm Back!

I took a well needed break from blogging as you can see. Not something I like to do because I always guilty for neglecting my "duties" to it but sometimes you just do what you gotta do. One reason I haven't been around lately is that I've been lost in another world! The world of new products over at Peek (http://www.apeekintoyesterday.com/index.html)! So many new and wonderful supplies arriving almost daily! Some delicious new brads by Imaginisce and 7 Gypsies, Basic Grey's awesome new collections, some adorable things from Bam Pop and Rubber Soul plus so much more! Too much to name all at once! It's enough to make a gal feel light headed and woozy!

I recently started in on my spring cleaning routine. It's not Spring yet but who wants to be stuck inside and cleaning when the nice weather does arrive? Not me! The first thing I tackled was my scrapping area. It's more like a scrapping corner but it's amazing how much it was able to hold! As a matter of fact things kept piling up until I just couldn't find anything I wanted or needed. Time to re-organize and I did. It took a while but I am so happy with the results and I can find everything so easily now. My patterned papers are now in page protectors inside binders that sit on the bookshelf! This freed up a lot of space. Now I can thumb through the binders to find the PP I want to use instead of shuffling through stacks of unorganized papers! My rub ons, stickers, brads, stamps punches and more all have their own special "home" now and I can go right to them when needed. I am so happy with the outcome of all my hard work that I have promised myself to keep it neat! After all, it only takes a few minutes to clean up each time compared to hours if I let it go untended!

Plus I've been catching up on other blogs I like to read and the world of online scrapbooking in general. I found it interesting to read about tips for getting published or chosen for a Design Team! No, I'm not out to try and do either one of these. I guess I was amused more than anything. I have no intention of changing my style or scrapping just so it will make others happy. To do this just to gain recognition seems fake. These are my layouts that stay in my albums. I am more than happy to share them online and if they make a few people smile that's good but I will be true to my own style first and foremost! If I haven't been "discovered" by now, it just ain't gonna happen! LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have also been a lot of spring cleaning lately! It must be that time of the year, LOL. I love going through and get rid of clutter.
So good to see you back! :)