Friday, April 24, 2020

A New Start

Our stay at home order for the state has been extended but all is good. My grocery bill is definitely higher! Part of my higher grocery bill could be my fault because I tend to get a little more of certain items because I don't know if they will be in stock next time or not but I never buy beyond my limited amount. And we definitely eat plenty of snack foods during this! I only go out to pick up groceries and prescriptions or if I run out of ice cream!! Ice cream is an essential, isn't it?!!

We have had several rainy days in a row this past week which is fine by me because the grocery pickup is done and nothing else to go out for. Rainy days are good for two things. Stitching and naps! And I take advantage of both!

I mentioned that I had several designs to choose from for my next stitch. The top three are Sampler Hill by Brenda Gervais, Wonderfully Made by Erica Michaels and All Joys are Thine by BBD. There is a problem with having a big stash. You tend to forget what you actually have. I did that with Sampler Hill and ordered it again. I don't mind having extra threads. Those can and will always be used but now I have an extra chart too! Oh well.

UPDATE -- I decided on my next new start and here is a picture Sampler Hill in progress. So far, it is an enjoyable stitch and I really do love the design! I am using the called for colors (although I am debating on changing several) and I am using 18count Aida in Carmel Creme by My Vintage Needlearts.



I ordered my very first Hands Across the Sea pattern in PDF file form. It is Mary Eliza McMillan 1869. I just LOVE the simplicity of it and the happy colors! I also like the bottom dedication to COVID-19. We need a new printer because our current one is broken but I as soon as we get one, I will print out the file and start stitching. No hurry right now though since I am working on Sampler Hill!!



These are not all my fabrics. I have a drawer filled with others from various places. These are just Aida fabrics from My Vintage Needlearts over at Etsy. Can you tell that I love her stuff!! I just placed another order too for some of my favorites!



While rummaging through my stash one day I noticed that several items were missing! An OOP Adam and Eve and some threads for another sampler. I am pretty sure I had ordered the threads but I could be wrong. I have several other places to look and if I don't find them there, then I will freak out!!! UPDATE -- I found the A&E chart (thank goodness!!)  but not the threads for the other sampler. I guess I will have to order them.

Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Good start on Sampler Hill! I need to check out that Caramel Crème fabric. I am glad you found your A & E chart; sorry about the missing threads. Wishing you a good weekend, Sherry!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am glad that you are making good use of your time! Nice start on your Sampler.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Your stitching is beautiful! I also ordered the Time stood still sampler from Nicola. I love PDF's patterns. I love watching her YouTUbe videos......I just wish I had the patience to stitch some of her larger samplers! Have a good day and have fun stitching!