Friday, May 15, 2020

Just Words

I have good news and I have bad news this post.

I have been waiting on my threads so that I can start on Lizzie Kate's Things Unseen Mystery Sampler. Bad News - it is taking forever for them arrive! So I am going to start on another piece for now. The threads will probably show up as soon as I get started on a different piece! UPDATE - the threads arrived the day after I started the new stitch!

Good News. I have a new weekend stitch to work on.  Never Enough Thyme by The Goode Huswife! I have loved this design since I first saw it but it has been OOP and impossible to find! A sweet friend shared her pattern with me so that I could finally work on this! I used 18 count Aida in Khaki by My Vintage Needlearts and I used DMC threads from my stash. And no hand cramps yet with this one! I will share a picture next post!

Good News. My LNS is having their Spring framing sale between May 23 and June 16. It is by appointment only. I am hoping I can get one or two more pieces finished up to take in. They usually have a framing sale in the Fall too so any leftovers can be saved for that one.

Good News. My next round of infusions come up in late July through early August. I have been thinking about what my infusion project should be. I have The Fall by Barbara Ana Designs kitted and ready. I also have Faith by Heartstring Samplery kitted up. Or I have several other Adam and Eve designs kitted up and ready to stitch. I like the idea of The Fall. I know I would not finish it by the end of infusions but I would get a good start.

I hope everyone had a nice Mothers Day. We are still not able to go to dine in restaurants but the guys got some good take out so I would not have to cook and I got several charts and some threads.

Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad your threads showed up even if it was after you began your new project! I look forward to seeing your progress on The Goode Huswife piece. I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend, Sherry!

marly said...

I don't remember that design but am glad your friend is sharing with you. Yes, everything is really backed up order wise from needlework shops to retail stores to book stores!! My two postmasters said their work load is triple Christmas deliveries. I hope the small shops are doing as well as the large. Take out food has been excellent!