Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Finish Line

I wake up in the mornings to the sound of birds singing outside my window and I think "what a weird dream I had" only to realize seconds later that it was not a dream! All of the stuff is real and still going on! I probably have that dream at least once a week.

It's finished!! A big happy dance is in order! I have been stitching away in between wiping down counters,door knobs, phones and more. I have made some more progress on Willing Hands by BBD. I had to entertain some frogs (don't they know about social distancing? LOL) and I took a day off from stitching because my eyes were beginning to cross! I made another little boo boo but after examining it, I decided to leave it. I have read that some people purposely put a mistake in their hand crafts (woodworking, quilting, ect) to help keep them humble and remind them that they are not perfect. I'll go with that! LOL. The picture just does not do justice to these vibrant colors!



I am going to put the BBD Sewing Club book aside for a while but I am not finished it by any means! This book has so many wonderful designs!



I never thought I would get excited about toilet paper or other everyday items but when I am able to find them my heart beats a little faster as I walk (not run) very quickly to claim my limited amount! LOL. If I ever see those shelves fully stocked again I may pass out from shock! LOL

What is the first thing you are going to do when life goes back to whatever our new normal will be? I am going to get my hair trimmed (I feel like the shaggy dog) and then we are going to the steak house for a nice sit down dinner! At least those are the plans in my mind! LOL

Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well!

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Congratulations on your beautiful stitching.
Oh boy ,a meal out with hubby getting together with my friend for coffee a day around the shops .
Take care and stay safe,

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on getting you BBD piece finished! It looks fabulous. What are you going to work on next? New project or WIP?

We are going to go out to eat -- yes, sitting in a restaurant. It might call for eating dessert first!

And I want to thank you again for mentioning the fabrics you have purchased from My Vintage Needlearts. I ordered and received my first batch of fabrics. They are so beautiful.

moosecraft said...

I was entertaining relatives of your frogs yesterday! ;-) Your stitching looks mahvelous! And yes....I am still in wonder about why the shelves aren't stocked with toilet paper yet. First thing for me, when "normal" returns... is also a haircut! :-)

Top 100 Products said...

Hi great reading your post