Sunday, April 05, 2020

What Day Is It?

Looks like I am late again with my blog post! But in my defense, who can keep up with the day of week anymore? All days are pretty much the same for a while, anyway!

We are still here and taking it one day at a time just like everyone else. The Grumpy Ol Gazer will pitch in and help me clean or cook every now and then but other than that, I stitch and he does whatever strikes his mood. Working on the car, taking a nap or something else. The boys are trying to keep busy too. The oldest has been taking care of the yard, cleaning out the back building and stuff like that. The youngest has been helping with laundry and taking trash out. Of course he is bummed out that his birthday falls during the stay at home order.

We have been doing the majority of our grocery shopping online and then go by for pick up. We don't even have to get out of the car. Once in a while I go to another store for a quick trip to look for things store #1 might have been out of (while wearing my mask). What am I having a hard time finding? The stores have toilet paper but it gets bought out as soon as they stock it so it was a matter of hitting the right time! I finally did! It varies from time to time and store to store. Sometimes it is eggs or meat or paper products.

I have made some good progress on my stitch. Is the design more obvious now? It is Willing Hands from the new Sewing Club book by Blackbird Designs. I am loving it so far. I just finished the first page.If you have this book then you know that the design is divided onto two pages. I have had a really hard time putting this one down! I was so excited to start on it that I did not even look through my fabrics for the perfect match. I just grabbed a piece of Platinum 18 count Aida that was in the basket beside my chair and started!! I am using the called for colors. I plan to have it framed.



I have new charts. Old charts. Free charts. WIPs. I am determined to get as many stitched as possible during this stay at home order so that when things go back to somewhat  normal, I can take a pile of finished pieces to my LNS for framing! My reward for making it through all this without going bonkers and her reward for staying patient and believing in her customers!

Until next time may you have simple days,an uncluttered heart and stay well.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You are off to a good start on your BBD piece, Sherry. Glad you and yours are staying well and safe! It is a good thing that we have the love of needle and thread to help us keep our sanity. And I wanted to thank you for talking about the fabrics from My Vintage Needlearts on Etsy. I took the plunge at the beginning of the week and my purchase arrived at the end of the week. Gorgeous colors! So again, thank you!

marly said...

I've heard that book is the best ever. Love what you're working on.
Stay well!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Our framers, finishers and hair dressers are going to be very busy, when this ends

moosecraft said...

Beautiful stitches! That book was one of the must-haves from market! I will stitch every single one of the projects in that book...the designs are just simply perfection! :-) I'm hoping to get a grip on stitch and quilt projects during this home time as well...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The BBD project looks great already. I have heard good things about the book too. Other than the smell, which apparently does go away if it is aired.
Glad that you are able to make good use of your time at home.