Saturday, January 26, 2019

Staying Alive

We have been looking at paint color samples for the inside. I want an off white because our house is dark. It does not get a lot of natural sunlight so I feel we need a lighter color to help brighten it up. The Grumpy Ol Gazer wants to go with a grey. I won with a Snowy Pine (off white).

We had bags and bags of clothes and house hold items for donation. The truck finally came around and picked it all up so our bedroom feels a lot less cluttered now!

The Grumpy Ol Gazer finally got his new Bi Pap machine so he is sleeping better at nights. I thought I would too because the soft hum of the machine would just lull me into a sweet sleep but this new machine doesn't hum, whistle or even say BOO! It is totally quite!

I happened to find several quilt kits at Wash Tub Quilts on Etsy. I loved the designs and the kits help me by providing most of the fabric I will need instead of making multiple trips to the fabric store.

Barn Dance



Pocket Change



I love the new Words To Live By collection by Heartstring Samplery. Beth has hit another home run! She has Love, Faith, Hope and Justice. I know I said I would stitch from stash this year but I think this collection would make a beautiful grouping that will look perfect on my one empty wall plus they will make great infusion projects over the year! I found mine in the Heartstring Samplery shop over at Etsy.



As I promised, here are several house blocks from the exchange I was in. Talk about some talented ladies!!




We decided that we want a walkway (preferably cement) going from the driveway around back to the deck. It is so much easier to bring groceries in by the back door but that backyard gets so soggy when we have a lot of rain and is impossible to walk across!  A walkway is just what we need - like the one in front but in the back too! I will be anxious to see if anything comes of it.

Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely quilt blocks you received! I really like the two quilt kits you picked up. Enjoy your weekend, Sherry!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Boy Sherry you have been BUSY on the quilting! All is beautiful :) We just painted our Dining/Kitchen in Woodrow Wilson (restoration color) its a nice soft, buttermilk color and I love it! MUCH brighter! Keep going you!

marly said...

I am ashamed to admit how long it took for me to figure out the blocks in Pocket Change. Even after online searching but I finally got it! What a great design.