Saturday, January 05, 2019

It's A New Year!

Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a safe New Year! I have a few new items to share! I was lucky to get some fun gifts over the holidays.

I was thrilled to get this quilt book! It has a lot of great quilt patterns that are drool worthy but I have already picked out 3 designs from the book that go to the head of my "to do" list.



This is a fun pattern. I have mentioned before that I love row quilts and Christmas quilts. Two loves in one pattern!



So far, it has been a rainy cold Winter. It certainly feels a lot colder when the heat goes out! Brrrrr. A little mouse climbed into our unit outside to keep warm and built a nest. I guess all the noise and moving parts were too much for him so he left but the nest stayed and slowly worked into the moving parts and locked them up! Unfortunately this happened on the weekend before Christmas so a lot of places were already closed for the long holiday weekend. We had to wait and shiver several days so the part could be ordered and fixed all because of a little tiny mouse!! We are already making some plans for warmer weather! Maybe a tour of state (and out of state) quilt and cross stitch shops!

Just like with my Chicken and Dumplings, I had been on a search for the perfect Chicken Pot Pie recipe. The first one I tried was awful! That recipe was trashed. The second recipe was better but was still not THE one. I found a third recipe that looked like it would be it. I tried it and (yahoo, kicking my heels together) I had found a winner winner chicken pot pie dinner! This is the ONLY chicken pot pie recipe in my recipe book now. Sorry I do not have a picture but it goes really fast! A good chilly night dinner with a salad.

Preheat the oven to 430. Use a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.

2.5 cups of shredded chicken
1 can of Veg-all
a handful of pearl onions
Put these in the pie plate and mix. In a small pot, mix 1/4 c. melted butter, 1 teaspoon of flour (I use a pinch more), a teaspoon of Thyme. Let this blend together then slowly wisk in 14 oz of chicken broth and a chicken boullion cube. Stir constantly until thickened (about 2 minutes) and pour over chicken and veg-all. Cover with a 9 inch pie crust and make 3-4 slits in it. Bake until brown

Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad you found a chicken pot pie recipe that turned out a winner! The quilt book looks like it will bring you hours of pleasure. Sorry about your heating unit, but glad it is now fixed! Enjoy your weekend!