Friday, January 18, 2019

Sew What!

January and February always seem like they are so slow! Maybe it is the after Christmas effect or the anticipation of waiting for Spring.

Look what followed me home! It isn't fancy and doesn't have all the bells and whistles or jump through hoops like a lot of the grander machines but it is all I need. The aqua color gives it a vintage look too. I still have my white Brother sewing machine and it still works great but it never hurts to have a back up. Even though I remember my moma and my Grandma sewing on old Singer machines (plus I learned to sew on a Singer years ago), I have trusted Brother sewing machines for years.


An old quilt folk lore says that many people purposely put a mistake somewhere in their quilt while making it. This is to remind them that they are not perfect and to keep them humble in God's eyes. I usually get at least one mistake without even trying!

My late Christmas present has been ordered. I am so thrilled with it! I will have a place/corner to sew on quilt tops now and I can keep my machine out! No more setting the machine up on the dining table then taking it down before dinner! That got old real fast! LOL



And part 2 of my late Christmas also arrived! I just love this hoop for hand quilting! I have been looking for a good hand quilting hoop and this one seems to fit the bill. The Grumpy Ol Gazer was confused as to why I would want this because "you have so many hoops now"! LOL Yes, I do but they are for cross stitching! Big Difference! LOL.



I have a confession to make. I did something really stupid when I was quilting several years ago. When I began to feel overwhelmed by it all, I should have just sorted through my stash and put away the fabrics I did not want to use right then. Instead I just tossed everything! Well, just about everything. All my patterns. A lot of my fabrics. What was I thinking!!! So I am starting from scratch again with some supplies but this time I will keep it under control much better!

Luckily, I was able to find my cutting mat, rotary cutters and several rulers while cleaning out   the closet so not all was lost but between us, I could probably use a new cutting mat!

Here is another row by row quilt. I love all quilts but these are so much fun to make!



Lori over at Bee in My Bonnet is having a great Vintage Block SAL!  Check it out. She is sharing some great blocks that had belonged to her Grandmother.

Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

I love the clean look of your new work station. I hope it will bring you many hours of pleasure. Congratulations on the new sewing machine! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!