Friday, December 03, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!


The Farmer's Almanac had predicted an early, cold winter for us and I think they hit it on the head once again! We have had some bitter cold temps! No snow for us yet but as I recall, we got hit by the white stuff pretty hard last year, so that's ok by me. Several mornings this week, I have stepped out early in the morning (pre-coffee oriented) only to take a second look because the frost looked like a dusting of snow.

As I promised, here is an update of AWWR by Shakespeare Peddler. I am just loving the flow of stitching on this piece. I need to go pick up some more floss this weekend so I don't run out in the middle of this project!

I still haven't even pulled out any of our Christmas stuff yet! The wind outside has been so strong, I decided to wait so that decorations aren't flying around the neighborhood. Indoor decorations, well I guess that's just been laziness on my part.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

11 comments:

natalysneedle said...

Beautiful progress! I love this sampler.

Margaret said...

Such a pretty piece! I love it! It's cold here too. Bleagh. lol!

Catherine said...

I think the cold weather is here to stay for us!

Love your stitches - this is such a pretty piece!

Hazel said...

Beautiful Sheri! x

CalamityJr said...

Coming along beautifully - can't wait to see it finished! Thanks for sharing - and keep warm!

Kathy said...

This one will be beautiful.
I know how you feel about the decorating. :) I have thought about it but that is as far as I have gone. :)

Jan said...

Beautiful progress! Stay warm and get lots of stitching done!

Edgar said...

Love the beautiful progress on AWWR

Roberta said...

Hi Sherry, love your singing pie folks - too cute. Your progress on AWWR is coming along nicely.

As for the weather, it has been bitterly cold here in Middle Georgia and as you said it is suppose to be a cold winter for us!!

I am tagging along with you and several other bloggers as to doing the 2011 challenge!!! What was I thinking.

Sorry for not stopping in before this - between sickness and working computer has been on the back burner.

Happy Holiday and Happy Birthday!!

Kathy said...

Oh I love your Christmas piece. It is just beautiful.

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I feel your pain about your Dad as you feel mine. Take care and I hope we can both find that Christmas spirit somewhere.

Stay warm.

Brigitte said...

Very beautiful project.