Monday, June 29, 2009

This Little Piggy


I apologize for my lack of posting lasting again last week but it was definitely a full week! I tried to catch up on housework from when I was gone a mere 2 days, I discovered that I had to adjust to this new medication I am on so there times I didn't feel so great, I didn't feel sick but I sure enough ran a fever for several days and I spoke with my Dad several times just because.

Harold went on his yearly astronomy outing last week. I hate it when he is gone at night and if he had been gone because of work, I would have had no problem fussing about his absence whether it did any good or not but I just feel too strongly about the importance of hobbies so I encouraged to him to go and enjoy his trip. I did envy him because the group went to West Virginia this year and to the exact same location that Harold and I vacationed in last summer! What beautiful and peaceful part of the country! If it hadn't been a camp out, stay up all night to watch the stars then sleep all day kind of trip I might have tagged along. After years of Cub Scouts with the boys, I swore I would never sleep on the ground again and I am definitely not a night owl! I did use the time to work on my stitching a little bit and used this as a sort of mini vacation for myself as well. Pot pies, pizza, sandwiches and other simple meals for dinner! I did the essentials so life as we know it didn't fall apart but then I did more of my own thing than usual. Stitching, gardening, watching and enjoying the birds plus watching some really good movies!

Even though I did get some stitching done, I decided to take my time on this piece so I don't have much new to show. Maybe I will have a burst of energy this week and get alot done on it! Instead I will share a picture of my piggy family. I got them on a trip to the mountains also. We stopped at a gift shop and when I exclaimed over them, the owner told me that her 5 year old grandson wanted to make some money and made these from clay. I asked him how much he wanted and he said $4! LOL! I gave him $10.

Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart!

9 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How wonderful those piggies are :)
CUTE...and what a sweet story to go with it, I'm going to show my kids!

Margaret said...

I hope you enjoyed your little mini vacation. :D I would actually love a few days all to myself, but fat chance of that happening! That's a talented 4 year old to make those piggies! They're adorable!

Julie M said...

Those piggies are really cute. Glad you enjoyed your mini vacation. I enjoy being home alone sometimes. Doesn't happen often but when it does I really make the most of it.

Kathy said...

Cute piggies.

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope you are doing better now.

And I hope your Dad is doing a little better too.

Jan said...

What an ever so cute pig family! Great deal too! Hope you enjoyed your mini vacation. Hope you start feeling better muchly soon, if not before!

Joy said...

Hi Sherry! I'm so sorry to read you've not been feeling well and I certainly hope your dad is feeling better, too.
I loved your new start from the last post and I hope you enjoy this time to yourself and take it easy!
And such adorable little piggies!

Deb said...

Such cute piggies! Hope that you enjoyed your time off. Sometimes it just does us good to have some time to ourselves and stitch. But I always seem to find housework to do and not stitch too.

Kit said...

Those are some cute little pigs! I hope you are feeling better.

Carolyn NC said...

Piggies are so cute - nice story. Hope you are all better soon!