Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And the Week Goes On.


As I have read other stitching blogs, I have envisioned my own theme walls! Samplers, A&E, birds and even a wall about stitching! In my last post, I mentioned that I had pulled my next new start. Oops! I did, indeed, pull the next "intended" start but then so many others began to get my attention and they all seemed to be crying "me! me! pick me!" so for right now, I am stuck in indecision. I may be using eenie, meenie, minie, moe for this pick! Oh, and these are only a few of the ones screaming for my attention! Will the last part of June be full of multiple starts?

Simple! And the older I get, the more I want this style to be a part
of everything around me. Not just in my hobbies but in my day
to day life as well. From time to time I feel the need to do some major
de-cluttering. A cleaning out of the soul. Getting rid of those things I carry around within my heart on a daily basis until the weight of it all is more than I can handle. Time to toss out some things! Being able to rid myself of hard or hurt feelings & knowing that I was strong enough to let it go & move on is a great feeling! I’ve lived the drama & turmoil side of life. Now I crave the less cluttered road. No baggage needed!

Maren at Stitchery Doo asked me what kind of bush I had pictured from the "mud pit". It is a Burgandy Barberry. I had wanted several more Rosey Glow Barberry bushes but couldn't find them available anywhere. Maybe they will be out later in the season!

Until next time, I wish you simple days and an uncluttered heart! Come back and see me soon!

14 comments:

Siobhán said...

I think a bunch of us are going through a touch of starteritis these days!! I hear you on the uncluttering. We moved last year & it helped to throw out/give to charity a lot of stuff. As for the personal stuff--oy. I hear you on that, too. I try to deal with what I can, and the rest, I give it up to God.

karenv said...

Those are some lovely projects you have planned! There's been some startitis happening over here too ;)

Barb said...

I'm with you 100% on the decluttering, physically, mentally and spiritually! Simple is best whenever possible. Be well.

Margaret said...

So have you decided yet on what's next? :D That's the problem with reading blogs -- you see so many pretty projects! I agree on the decluttering of my life too. I get where you're coming from!

Kathy said...

Great post and so true about decluttering. (Now if only I could do that with material things. LOL)
It looks like you have some lovely pieces to start. Here's a suggestion. Start them all! Spend two or three days on one and then the next two or three on another and so forth. A type of rotation.
Actually that's what I try to do. Exchanges and other commitments often get in the way but it does work. And makes you feel less guily to those that are shouting "Me! Start me!"

Julie M said...

I'm trying really hard to make some progress on my current big project before I start anything else large but I fear it is a losing battle! Eeeny Meeny sounds like a good way to pick to me! Have fun decluttering!

Glenna said...

Hey, Sherry--what is the design to the right (as we look at the picture) of the BOAF design? I enlarged but couldn't tell. I love all the charts you show there, and if I had to decide today, I'd dither about it and probably have to figure out how much of the fibers and fabric I already owned. Then I'd choose a different one anyway!

Jan said...

Well put, Sherry...nothing more freeing and liberating to clean up one's life and most importantly the heart. Clutter is never good!

Wondering what you have decided to start, those are some lovely charts you have pictured there!

Julie said...

You've got some fabulous stash going on there. I'm jealous, but in a good way. :D

I completely understand the dumping of crud kept inside. It's a necessity to part with that.

Littlebit said...

Sherry (I just realized I have always spelled your name with an E on the end instead of Y, and I'm clueless as to where that came from..my apologies), nothing feels better than decluttering, whether physically or mentally. Having been in the military practically my entire life, between my dad and my dh, we've, fortunately, been able to keep clutter to a minimum..LOVE your barberry. I have some that are that color and they are almost over my head now. So, what did you decide to start? My lap top is still in the shop, and it's driving me nuts!

Kit said...

I understand the indecision, so many charts so little time. Everyone could use a good purge every now and then, I hope the decluttering goes well and I look forward to your next start.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Sherry,
You're so right about it feeling pretty good to clean out and declutter. I just don't do it more often. I actually have taken a week off in July to do some major decluttering. A process I need to do for peace of mind.
Love your stitching pieces!
Jennifer

The Scarlett House said...

Well, you have a bunch of great stuff to choose from. It's always a major deciscion for me to decide, too. Look forward to seeing what you do choose.

Brigitte said...

I love each and every chart you show here. And yes, I'm with you when it comes to decluttering in every sense. It makes you feel better and lighter.