Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hot Southern Days


Since being back home again I have been busy getting the house back in some kind of recognizable order! It's amazing how 3 people can do so much damage in so little time! LOL.

I still haven't picked up my stitching since being back but I was going to take a picture of what I have done so far but the camera battery needed to be recharged. Got that done and now I can post a picture of my progress to date. I think I will pick it back up this evening and work on it some more.

There isn't much news right now. The heat is unbearable and I am happy to spend the better part of the day indoors with AC but in the early morning (before it gets hot) or in the evenings (when the sun is low in the sky) I will venture outside to enjoy a bit of gardening. I did speak with my father after returning home but things are pretty much the same. I want to thank everyone for their concern and prayers. It means so much to me.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

11 comments:

staci said...

Even though the heat can be unbearable, it is the perfect excuse to stay in where it's cool and STITCH!!!

Deb said...

I'm in agreement with Staci's comment - if the heat is unbearable stay inside and stitch! It's like that too today here in Michigan and I have yet to stitch, but plan to!

Margaret said...

Yes,yes, use the heat as an excuse to stay inside and stitch! Sounds like you deserve it!

Siobhán said...

Sorry about the heat! Hang in the AC and stitch your heart out. Lovely WIP!

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Sherry, so sorry to read about your Father's health issues. When the weather is miserable, I think it makes everything look and feel worse. Stay inside where it's cool. Thanks goodness for AC right?

Kathy said...

Ah, those lazy, hazy days of summer. Yuck. :) I am not one for the heat. The ac and the stitching chair sounds lovely.

I will continue to keep your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Carolyn NC said...

Yep,
I've been gone for nearly three weeks and it's darn hot. But from what I hear I missed a killer week, so I guess I can count my blessings! Enjoy the AC and stitch, stitch, stitch!

Maren said...

Hot outside, means lots done inside...under the a/c! :) Personally, I hate housework, so my opt would be for lots and lots of stitching!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherry! Guess what? I did it, I ordered some things and have started a cross-stitch project. I've been inspired by you and all your stitching blogging friends. All my scrapping stuff is packed up for the summer so my daughter can have her bedroom for a bit... so gotta stitch instead! :D

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

The heat just makes me want to nap inside if I'm off that day.......

Jennifer
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Beautiful new start!