Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Review


I didn't get any stitching done over the weekend as I had planned because I got a last minute phone call from my step sister asking if I wanted to ride up and see our folks for Father's Day. I have been wanting to see my Dad since he got home from the hospital so I packed a bag and off we went! Unfortunately when I got there I found out that my Dad's health was not as good as I had thought and the news was not good. The next few months will be rocky for all of us to say the least.

I was so tired when I got home yesterday I just rested then went to bed early but I have some extra stitching time coming up later this week so I plan to take advantage of it but for today I will show off another pig from my tiny collection.

Over the past several weeks, we have ordered and watched a few movies on Pay Per View. Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood was the first. I have never been a big Clint fan especially of his westerns but this movie was great! We all enjoyed it and I highly recommend it! The next movie we ordered was The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I had been wanting to see this. You were able to see WWII through a child's eyes which gave a whole new meaning to war. For those of you who haven't seen it, I don't want to spoil the ending but it was not anything like I was expecting! Definitely another good movie and a must see! I watched this movie several times before our viewing period expired.

Until next time, dear friends, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart. Thank you for stopping by to visit with me and I hope you come back soon!

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Sherry, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's health problems. I hope he improves.
Hope you get some stitching time in this week.

Margaret said...

Oh Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I hope he gets better soon. I love your pigs! :D And thanks for the movie recommendations. I've been a bit scared to watch The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, but I may go for it now that you've recommended it.

Jeanne said...

Gran Torino is one of the few movies DH & I saw in the theatre (I cajoled him into going since it was Clint Eastwood). We both loved it and I will put it on my list to pick up sometime when I can get it cheap. In catching up your recent blog posts I saw you mentioned planning some groupings - I keep lists going of "someday" groupings I hope to have - stitching & quilting, samplers, primitive works, and nautical. For some reason I love nautical designs even though I live in the hot & dry DESERT! Go figure. It must be a craving for water. :)

Siobhán said...

Sherry, sending out thoughts & prayers for your dad. Get some stitching time in--it always helps to soothe the nerves.

Littlebit said...

Sherry, I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad's health. I hope everything will be ok.

CindyMae said...

I am so happy that you got to see your father but I am sorry to hear that he is not doing well. I will keep your dad and your family in my prayers!

Deb said...

Sherry - I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's health problems. I hope that he improves. Thanks for the movie recommendations. My husband's cousin has a bit part in that movie (as they filmed it locally here in Michigan) and can you believe that we haven't even see it yet. Guess I better run to Blockbusters today.

Jan said...

Thanks for the movie reviews, Sherry. Going to have to see those. Sorry to hear about your dad's health, hope it improves soon.

That pig is adorable! Hope you get some good stitchey time in soon. Have a blessed week.

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry that you didn't get the good news you wanted. Hope your dad improves.

Maggie said...

Sherry, sorry to here your dad is not well, i hope he improves soon.

I have the boy in striped pajamas on my retal list to see, my daughters have read the book and said how good it was, i will have to move it towards the top of my list to see.

By the way, can you get in touch with me and leave your snail mail address for the traveling pattern Simply live, i shall be putting the names through the randomizer this Friday and will send everyone the details at the weekend.
My e-mail is:
hydenseek61@yahoo.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you :-)