Monday, September 29, 2008

A New Week, A New Start


Towards the first part of the weekend, we were having usually cool weather lately! It was more like very very chilly and windy March days instead of the unusual September days full of humid heat left over from the summer. But I liked it! For once, it really felt like Fall in the hot south! Now the hot days have returned along with that awful humidity we are so well known for!

Over the weekend was grocery shopping as usual. Ugh! I stopped by the fabric store and picked up some floss and Aida to have when I need it. Friday night was a stitch a thon over at Let's Stitch and I worked on Little House Neighborhood. I have really been enjoying this blog! It gives me exactly the encouragement for my stitching and in a fun way! This week a challenge was issued to stitch on our oldest UFO or WIP. I chose And A Forest Grew which has been sitting in my basket just gathering dust! To the side is a picture of where I left off. I hope to be able to post a picture showing lots of progress later in the week!

So many charts to work on. So little time to do it all in! I wish I could just blink my eyes and have my stitching "to do" list all finished! LOL! After this next order, I am putting myself on a chart diet. I can't just go cold turkey but I must cut back ALOT until I finish off a good bit of my list! Threads and fabrics are necessities so I won't include them in my stash diet! But I must place this next order before I begin! Sort of like having that last place of cheesecake before starting a strict food diet! LOL!

2 comments:

"Magnolia" said...

OOoooo, I have this on my list, too. Along with several hundred others. LOL I'm just glad I'm not as enamored with the newer Flower one.

Good luck on your "diet!" I never manage to stick to anything like that, stash or otherwise! LOL

Anonymous said...

AAFG is beautiful. Great progress.

Don't feel alone, it is very hot here too, I try to stay indoors as much as possible.