Thursday, September 17, 2020

What Happened to September

 I had hoped that September would be less hectic and less awful than August but so far it has been running a close second! Three bursitis flares so far this month! Four since June! Number 2 (right shoulder) and number 4 (right hip) cleared up by themselves in about 8-9 days. Number 1 (right hip again) was dr. assisted but number 3 (left shoulder) has been handing tight for over two weeks! I go to the dr. about it today.

 
September is half over and I have done NOTHING because of these continuous bursitis flares! No stitching, no cleaning, no pictures! I am on light duty starting today. The dr. gave me a schedule. I can do a little today then rest and so on. Tomorrow I can add a little more but still keep the rest. After some well needed grocery shopping (and I have been limited to pickup or delivery only), I plan to STITCH! As my own get well gift, I purchased this PDF from Bluebird Designs at Etsy. I love it for my outdoors wall.



 
It took me several days but I pulled everything I want to stitch on starting this month. Some of you know my September Sampler list (or even a few of them). I have added several more to the list. Shame on me but I can honestly say I probably won't need another new start until after the New Year (unless my fingers get itchy)!  I used to have such a strong will power and would only stitch one at a time! Look what happens when you gather with other stitchers! LOL. A little more than I would usually take on but I have to remember that 3 of the designs are WIPS and will only be stitched on the weekends. I plan to keep the weekend as my WIP stitching time until I finish up what I left!
 
While I was on light duty because of my shoulder, the Grumpy Ol Gazer helped me hang my newly framed pieces. Here are the rest of the bunch. I had 6 this time. I am hoping to aim for 7 or 8 next Spring's framing sale! I had better get busy!








 
We gave up years ago trying to surprise each other with anniversary gifts. We each pick out what we want. I bought 2 Hardwicke Manor square embroidery hoops. I love a good wooden hoop and these are tops in my book!



 
I have been trying to catch up on some doctor appointments and vaccines for the kidney transplant program. I have several more appointments with them this month. I am also changing my eating habits some because I know they will tell me to lose some pounds.When I went to the dr. I found out I have lost pounds without even trying! I did sneak a piece of the Grumpy Ol Gazer's birthday cake though! Just a small piece. German Chocolate is just too sweet for me these days!
 
Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sherry, I am sorry that you have had to deal with 4 bursitis flares. I hope they can come up with a course of action for this one. What a lovely sampler design you purchased! Your Hardwicke hoop looks great.