Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Cooler Days and Samplers

 Thanks to my dr and his magic injections, the bursitis flares have finally stopped! Of course, I am following his orders about "doing a little then rest". I don't want to get the flares mad and start up again!

 
While doing some much needed grocery shopping, I noticed the bakery section of the store had started to put out their holiday pies. I am not big on many pies but they do make a mean apple pie! Heat it up, use a sprinkling of cinnamon and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM! Luckily, no one else here has discovered the secret to making this pie so delicious
 
We may actually get a Fall season this year! The weather has already started to turn cooler and sweaters are being pulled out for morning and evening wear! We still get a few days with warmer temps but nothing hot enough to knock your socks off! It may get chilly enough later this week to turn the heat on at night! My kind of weather!



 
Too many SALs and WIPs for me to wrap my brain around right now. The WIPs are really no problem since they are weekend designated only.  I used this past weekend to finally pick up my stitching again. And since I was waiting on some threads to arrive, I made it a long WIP weekend! I decided to work on And A Forest Grew by Rosewood Manor. I did not get as much stitched as I hoped to before the hand cramps started. Put it away but tomorrow is another day!
 
After having several really crummy months I decided to treat myself to a new start. I pulled 5 that I have had my eye on. No, I won't do them all at once but I don't plan to tell or show what I am working on until I get a good start so as not to jinx them!
 
Most of my framed pieces hang on the walls in no order. I decided earlier this year that I wanted a theme wall of outdoor pieces. You know - birds, other backyard critters, plants, trees, ect. In my mind, it will be stunning! I already have two pieces up on it and working on more. Guess what wall AAFG will hang on and why I am so anxious to finish it!
 
I am still pretty tired and slow from so many bursitis flares all at once. I have been taking it nice and slow for now and probably will through the end of this month.
 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy Fall, Sherry! Your apple pie sounds delicious. I am glad the doctor was able to provide you with something for your bursitis flare. And I like that motto -- do a bit and rest a bit. Happy Tuesday!

Sandra said...

Hi Sherry, I am so glad you have posted again. I saw your last post and wanted to know what the sampler was called - the Willing Hands one. I thought it would be dead easy to do a search on Google for it, but no luck, and then I couldn't find your blog again to ask you. So frustrating. So, please could you let me know the name of the designer when you have a minute.

Thanks, Sandra