Saturday, September 26, 2020

I Need Dull

 September is almost over?? It feels like it just started!! Like I said before, once Labor Day rolls around the rest of the year flies by! I have not accomplished as much as I had hoped for this month but October is still open and waiting! The last week of September will be spent running around to dr. appointments and getting tests done. The past two months have been so busy and extremely stressful so I am ready for a nice long month of DULL.

 
I was able to get some more stitching done on AAFG. I should switch out my WIP weekends between AAFG and Mother's Tree.
 
I have started on one sampler that I had pulled. I saw a finished piece that another person had done and I fell in love. I have had the pattern, fabric and threads. I just needed the inspiration! I have several simple ideas on how to "make her my own" which I will share as I work on Harriat Brown by Stacy Nash. She is being stitched on 18 count Aida in Beige by My Vintage Needlearts from Etsy and I am using GAST Mulberry threads. I have not been this excited about a sampler in a very long time! I plan to take my time and make sure I am happy with everything I stitch into her!



 
I have another sampler ready to start on after I finish this one. I have changed the colors around to suit my personal taste and I may change one or two more things in it. Maybe I will be able to share a picture before the end of the year!.
 
I have made my grocery list and considering the Fall weather that is upon us, there are a lot of homemade soups, stews and other comfort foods. Of course Monday is our pizza night, The local market has all their pizzas half price on Monday and they are GOOD!
 
Good News #1 (it's about time!). I have mentioned that I shop at two stores mainly because one carries some items I need or like that the other store does not carry. Lately it has become too much for me to walk that store so I was going to change completely over to the store with pick up but (big surprise) the walk in store is getting ready to to do pick up service so I will be able to get those items after all!
 
Good News #2. Our new refrigerator is scheduled to be delivered next week! About a month a head of time. I just hope I don't end up with another headache after that last bad delivery experience!
 
Until next time may you have simple day and an uncluttered heart.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your start on Harriat is lovely, Sherry. Good news on both the pick up service being offered at your store and the refrigerator being delivered sooner than expected. I can't get over how quickly the days/months have rolled by. Have a blessed Sunday and enjoy the remaining days in September.