Sunday, August 09, 2020

What A Week!

 August is a rough month for me. My moma died on August 12 and my dad passed away 40 years later on August 13. I usually hope that these two days will pass without my realizing it. I think of them every day anyway. These days just make the sadness more intense.




The last Sunday in July is always Decoration up in the mountains (where my moma's family is from). All of the cemeteries are decorated with flowers galore! It is a beautiful sight. I have only been up there several times to see it in person but I have heard about it and have seen yearly pictures all my life. This was my Grandma's headstone this year.




I will have another update on Bee Skep soon. I have been working on it some. It is almost like my mojo just flew out the window!  I decided to stop working on the house for a bit so that hopefully it will renew my mojo when I come back to it! I want to at least be near a finish on it before I post another update. Soon, I promise.

I have been making all kinds of stitching plans in my Needlework Press calender/planner book  along with playing in my stash! I will wait a while to share so that I don't jinx any of these good plans!

The microwave arrived. The first of the new appliances. The new range was delayed but will arrive soon. I really do like it and am looking forward to getting every thing else in place to complete the picture!



We measured the counter top area in the kitchen and placed the order for the new counter tops. I think they will help make the kitchen a little brighter and bigger. Especially after we paint. The Grumpy Ol Gazer opted to put them in with some help from our son instead of hiring someone to do it. The installation cost more than the counter tops! He has put in counter tops before and they were wonderful. They will be delivered later this month.

I have two more infusions this month and I will be finished until 2021. I hope the mask thing is over by then! It was really hard to wear that mask through the entire infusion. Other people that come in for an infusion may stay 30 minutes to an hour. I am there for 4-5 hours depending on how long it takes for them to hook me up and get my meds together.

Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounds like your kitchen project is moving along. Thinking of you, Sherry!

marly said...

Anxious to see the kitchen changes. Hope we get both before and after!

My parent's stone is in the middle of the cemetery and the flowers along the drive are the ones stolen most often. People are asinine these days.