Thursday, August 27, 2020

Good Bye August! I Won't Miss You!

This says it all!
 
Shame on me. Shame on me. Shame on me. But I really just don't care!!
 
I have always tried to keep my stitching manageable (whether it be one piece at a time or maybe two) so that I don't get overwhelmed. This has been a horrible year so far with all the bad news happening and August was an extremely bad month for me personally and last week was a plain and simple nightmare! Because of this I gave myself permission to go outside of the box!
 
While playing in my stash, I saw so many designs I wanted to start on but I would tell myself NOT to have too many at once. POOH! I started designs that probably would not have been started for another year or longer. I will stitch on them as I feel like. This is my hobby and it is supposed to help me relax -- not stress me out. If I start to feel stressed, I can always put one or two in the WIP pile (which I intend to give regular attention to). I will introduce them as I start them!
 
I finally started on the Jane Tindall 1864 SAL. I have a good size list of others to start too! I am hoping to start a few more in September.


 
I am still working on Bee Skep but I am not stressing out over it! I will give it one or two days a week. I should be able to finish it off by the end of the year! LOL
 
Some Happy Mail arrived which always makes my day a little better. Quaker Bees by From the Heart and My Heart Can Rest by BBD along with threads and some threads for other designs so I complete kitting them up. A couple of blouses I had ordered showed up as well.
 
My new stitching rule is No Promises, No Timelines, No Stress.
 
We re-ordered the refrigerator (same one) but this time we made sure that the warehouse will deliver it to the store and the store delivery will bring it out. The manager told us to do this. Even she was really mad at the people at that warehouse! They did NOT want to do any work AND they did not want to give us a refund! Boy, the store manager really lit into that warehouse supervisor! Because of the appliance shortage, we will not get it until sometime in October which is fine with me as long as I don't have to deal with that warehouse again! We started to just update the old fridge with new shelves and drawers but then we realized it was getting on up in years and would probably die soon after spending that money on it! It will look like this.


 
Well, there were only several days left to August but I should have known that was enough for some more bad coming our way! The counter tops arrived and every single one had been cut to the WRONG size so back they went! I had another bursitis flare that made me miserable for more than several days! Hurry up September but only if you plan to behave yourself! LOL
 
Until next time, may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I hope you love your new refrigerator when it arrives, Sherry. I love having the freezer on the bottom with the pull-out draw. I hope your new stitching motto. My feeling is if it makes you happy, then do it. I look forward to seeing what you have picked to start and work on. Enjoy your weekend!

marly said...

I wonder who lost a job over the counter tops, the person that measured or the person that fabricated! Geez. Mistakes happen but every one? I love my freezer on the bottom. Handsome fridge you chose.

moosecraft said...

Oh my! Some months are like that.... good thing we have our stitching to keep us focused and sane! Stitch what you want, when you want! You are right, it's a hobby and hobbies are meant to be enjoyed! :-)