Sunday, August 23, 2020

Thank Goodness August is Almost Over!

Good Morning! I am sitting here with my coffee and little heater humming away. That's right, I have my space heater running. The men in my family love a cold cold house. I can deal with it most of the time but not when I first get up in the mornings so I run my little heater for a short while to knock the chill off the air!
 
The kitchen is almost finished! The refrigerator should have been installed by now but..... I don't even want to go into detail about the headaches these delivery people caused me! We ordered it at the store (and the people there were great) but it was coming from one of their warehouses. This is where the nightmare began. These warehouse people did not want to do anything they were supposed to! They kept telling us that we had to haul away the old fridge (even though we paid for haul away). It got totally out of hand so we got a refund. The store manager was great and told us to wait a week, come back and she would help us get the fridge WITHOUT dealing with that warehouse!  I was so stressed out for two days I felt sick! Word of advice when you buy a major appliance. Make sure it is delivered by the store and NOT the warehouse! 
 
The new counter tops will arrive next week and then my son and the Grumpy Ol Gazer will get to put them in. I like laminate counter tops. I like the price. They are easy to care for and you can pick styles that look like expensive granite, stone or even butcher block. I kept the floor. I love my splashes of red in each room and my floor does that for the kitchen. The new sink and faucets arrived.  We still need to paint and get new blinds.


 
I am still working on Bee Skep by BBD. This piece really is getting on my bad side! I love the design. I just hate everything that is getting in the way of my stitching time on it! I did not get much stitching done this past week because of bad infusion loaded with several days of side effects. I hope to finish it up by the last day of August.
 
I even put the fabric for the Jane Tindall 1864 SAL over at IG in a hoop. I have made a few stitches on her already but like I said before -- no promises, no time lines! LOL. For all I know, this could be a year long stitch!
 
I have decided to make Saturday and Sunday my WIP Weekends. I really need to give these WIPs some attention and finish them up. I decided to pick up Mother's Tree to work on. The tree was driving me nuts. Just like the house on Bee Skep but it coming close to the end and then I can begin the fun part -- family names!

 
Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well.

4 comments:

iowagirl said...

I've done the Mother's Tree twice and understand completely. Well worth the effort as it is beautiful when done. Look forward to seeing it when finished. I envy your nice bright kitchen.

marly said...

You paid for removal and they wouldn't take it? Geez. Couldn't they make a call and verify? Hope it all works out! Yes, Formica has really great looks and choices these days. Certainly easier to live with too.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hope your refrigerator appears soon! Hopefully, your kitchen will be finished soon so you can enjoy it. Sorry the BBD piece is annoying you. Some pieces are like that! Enjoy the coming week!

butterfly said...

Your kitchen is looking great.
I must get working on my WIPs to .
Soon just to many in my boxes now.
Have a good new week.