Saturday, July 06, 2019

Summer Rolls On

I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th with lots of good food, fun games, family and friends! It was fairly quite around here except for the fireworks that would go off usually at night. I just stayed up till all the noise calmed down enough to fall asleep!

I am still stitching away on Catharine Dickenson 1840. She seems to take on more personality with each line. Right now I am close to stitching a line and half of initials. I am guessing they are the initials of her family members since most of them end with a D letter. The last two end with E so they could be her maternal grandparents. Just a guess. Many designers include some history of the original sampler and stitcher but it is fun to try to look beyond that.



I don't buy much jewlery for myself especially earrings. My ears are so sensitive, my earrings must be made of quality materials. There are only a few places I will buy my earrings from. I found a pair last week in my birth stone. I prefer the turquoise stone to the gem stone. I found these at NaturallySterling at Etsy.



Ann Pegg 1877 by The Scarlett House finally arrived! I had bought the threads but could not find the chart anywhere! Tanya assured me that none of her charts ever went OOP and it could be ordered. Just knowing that she is kitted up and among friends in my stash makes me feel happy.

Even though I tell myself that I won't buy anymore designs until I get my stash down, it just doesn't happen! I have a nice handful of samplers in my shopping cart! Someone once said that cross stitching and buying the supplies were two separate hobbies! How true! So my Stitching Bucket List just gets bigger and bigger! What the heck! It makes me happy.

I had mentioned that I was going to hold off completing Creation Sampler until my infusion but I would be able to finish before my 4 rounds were complete. I have re-kitted Faith by Heartstring Samplery to take in for the rest of the infusions I have chosen 18ct Aida Irish Cream Hand Dyed by My Vintage Needlearts on Etsy. She has added a lot of new colors too. I will be using a variation of blues through out the design.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful earrings you bought for yourself! You have made good progress on your sampler. Thank you for providing the shop names; will check them out later! Have a blessed day.