Saturday, July 27, 2019

It's Still Hot in the South!

The mail has been delivering some fun goodies to the house lately. Let me share! I received another order from MyVintageNeedleArts over at Etsy! I just love love love her Aida fabrics! Such a wonderful selection and beautiful colors! I still order my stand by Aidas but these fabrics give me the choice of linens without the headaches of stitching on linen! LOL.

I decided to splurge and spoil my feminine side by ordering several pairs of earrings at AutumnEquinox and NaturallySterling over at Etsy. I know I can wear their earring without concern. It's always nice to find a company you can trust.

I got a package full of DMC in various shades of blues for the restart of Faith by Heartstring Samplery. I was hoping to start on this one while at this infusion but it looks like it may wait for my last infusion of this year.

I got some more stitching done on Creation Sampler while at infusion #2 but not enough to share. I will post an update next time.Two more infusions to go.

Here is the recent update on Catharine Dickenson by Scattered Seed Samplers. Isn't she full of character!



I like to mix my family history and stitching. There were many women in my family that stitched in one form or another. Needlepoint, quilting, embroidery, knitting, crochet, plain ol sewing and so much more!  I am so proud to be a part of that legacy and carry it on with my stitching! I like to look through designs and wonder if it looks like something one of my ancestors might have stitched! Of course, all samplers are someone's family history!  My cousin found a new family picture for me to put out on the shelf. This is my Grandma's aunt Cindy. What a great find and treasure! I can't help but wonder what kind of needlework she did, if any.



Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous picture your cousin found! You are making good progress on your sampler. Thank you for sharing the earrings (in a previous post) from Naturally Sterling! I went, I looked, and I bought a pair. They are fabulous! Look forward to seeing the blues you are going to use for the Faith sampler. Have a blessed day and a wonderful upcoming week!