Saturday, April 20, 2019

Goodie Goodie New Framing!

We have had enough rain to hold us over for the rest of the year (or longer). I really don't mind a rainy day as long as I don't have to get out in it. I like stitching to the relaxing sound of the rain falling.

The painting is finally starting to take off! While the GOG is working on finishing up the main rooms, I have been hanging some of my cross stitch back up. Some old friends and some new ones that have been hold up in my closet waiting for space!

Since I am working on my family history again, I thought I would share some of the more interesting ancestors from my tree.

Charles James Cannon born in New York City November 4, 1800. He died there on November 9, 1860 at age 61. He was of Irish parentage.  He was a famous poet, play write and novelist of his time. He often wrote under the pen name "Grandfather Greenway". He also compiled a series of readers and a spelling book.



I was able to pick up my framed items that I dropped off at the LNS. I will share a few this post and some more next post.

Feliz Navidad by Blackbird Designs


Because Nice Matters by La D Da

Prayer of St. Frances by Lizzie Kate


I love a good mail day and my fabric along with some threads arrived so that I was able to kit The Prayer of St. Frances by My Big Toe. That will be ready to start on about mid May. I like to get a several weeks head start on my infusion projects.

I also worked some more on Mother's Tree. I am going  to make this an alternate stitch for weekends only. I confided in my trusted LNS friend and framer about how the tree seemed to cause more hand cramps. We discussed alternatives and finally settled on a way that will look just as good. Like she said "Make it your own".

Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What gorgeous framing for your stitched pieces, Sherry! It sounds like you have created a good plan for working on the Mother's Tree piece! Happy Easter!

Shelly said...

Wonderful framed pieces! I love love Feliz Navidad. It's fun to read about ones ancestors, it's fascinating. Happy Easter!