Saturday, April 13, 2019

Another Saturday Night

Working on Mother's Tree gave me the family history bug again so I decided to work on some of that. I am still looking for more women to add to my Mother's Tree but it looks like I have hit a dead end. I know that with my luck, as soon as I finish the piece and have it framed, I will find one or more women!!! I was able to get a few more lines finished on the tree. It is difficult to see the progress with only several lines at a time.

I was able to stop by the LNS and pick up a few items I need to kit up several more pieces. I have kitted up Heart & Hand. I know I shouldn't but my fingers are really itching to start this piece! I may have to justify the double stitch to that Mother's tree and my lack of patience!

Whenever I feel guilty about buying more charts while I already have so so so many, I just go to my LNS and talk to the ladies there who have the very same addiction! LOL.

I was looking through some new charts and found one that made me drool! It is The Prayer of St. Frances by My Big Toe. I realize I have already done this prayer by Lizzie Kate and it is at the framers right now but this one is sooooooo elegant and a must have so you guessed it. I bought it! Maybe it will be my next infusion project. After all, Our Father and Apostle's Creed by My Big Toe were infusion projects.



With everyone posting pictures of their new or familiar established pets, I was feeling a bit out of the loop. Should I post a picture of some of the regular visitors to my backyard kingdom? Then I saw Edna sitting all by herself on the bed. She is such a good ol' gal and never complains. A quality worth appreciating. She doesn't look especially happy about anything but she always catches my eye as I walk by and gives me a reason to smile. I fluffed up her dress and spread out the skirt all nice and pretty for the picture. Who is to say that she didn't enjoy the much over due attention?



Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart

2 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Researching ones ancestry can be absorbing--hope you find more women in your Mothers line

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful chart you picked up! Wishing you a beautiful Sunday and coming week!