Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday, Sunday. So Good To Me

I pulled Mother's Tree from my WIP drawer. I really want to finish this piece up but to be fair to Faith (Words to Live By), I am only going to work on Mother's Tree over the weekends. That should be enough for me since this tree is the main reason it keeps landing in my WIP drawer! After several lines of it, I get very frustrated



My doctor keeps fussing at me to get a recliner so I can keep my feet up while I stitch. Well, we just can't afford a new chair for me right now so I did the next best thing and got this ottoman. It has a storage compartment under the top so I can keep my stitching handy.



We noticed a soft spot in our living area floor. Almost spongy and my chair was sitting right on top of it. After further inspection we found a hole in the floor and called out a guy who works in this area. After he came out of the crawl space, he told us the damage. No termites but a very money hungry building contractor who had used the cheapest supplies available to build these houses and some of these supplies just gave way sooner than they should have over the years. So now certain things have to be repaired and replaced! That will put a hold on some of the work we were doing around here. That's life!

Faith (Words to Live By) is still moving along slowly but at least it is moving! Sorry I was too lazy to take it out of the frame for a picture!



I found this quilt pattern at SGCountry Sampler and I am so in love with it! Basic pattern, basic colors but put them together and OMG! I have the pattern and I am gathering the fabric for it now! The name of the quilt pattern is Worn and Loved. Isn't that just perfect for this!!!



Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sherry, your new ottoman looks fabulous. I love that it also provides storage. I am sorry about the shoddy materials used by the builder of your home. Words to Live By Faith is looking good. Have a blessed Sunday!

Denise said...

I to have 'Mother's Tree' in my stash. Are you just going to do the tree of the genealogy part too?