Sunday, March 10, 2019

In Like a Lion

Another month is gone and a new month is getting started! When oh when will all this rain end? One more week that started with cold weather but ended with warm weather. I hope this roller coaster ride is about over!

I don't buy magazines often but there are a few I enjoy and pick up when I am out or I may even splurge and get a subscription! It sounds like I buy a lot but I only get one or two a month. Our State is a great magazine about NC and all the wonderful things that our state offers! We have found so many places we did not know about or did not catch our interest until the magazine showcased them. Next on my list is Taste of the South. This magazine is just over flowing with good southern recipes that make you feel like you are in Grandma's kitchen again! I don't cook them all but once in a while I will find one that sets my taste buds spinning. I have picked up Country Home at the grocery check out for years! Sometimes I pick up Real Simple and Magnolia Journal if I see more than one article I am interested in.



Faith (Words to Live By) by Heartstring Samplery is coming along slowly since we are still working on getting things done around the house and that takes up a lot of my time and attention. For some reason, my pictures would not upload so I will have more to share on this next week!

I made a frivolous purchase last week. Ann Wright Sampler by Samplers Not Forgotten. I knew I had plenty to work on and I have never been a big fan of band samplers but something kept drawing me back to this one. I realized that most places were either sold out or only had one or two left so I took the plunge! I will get around to working on her one day!



I really want to pull out some fabric and work on a new quilt top but if I don't have time to work on my cross stitch, where will I find the time to work on any quilting! Besides I always feel guilty when I start a new project while I have another one in progress. Just a peak of some wonderful shirting fabrics I got from sweetgirlstudio on Etsy.



Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

marly said...

I love that sampler! The band style or longer thin pieces are much better for me to stitch. Wide rows become monotonous and tedious to the impatient (me!).

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely shirting fabrics you picked up! What a gorgeous sampler you purchased! I am ready for the rain to go away as well. I hope you have a wonderful week!