My Favorite Sampler Sayings and Quotes. Do you have a special favorite?
1. Seek Joy in All Things
2. Treat Yourself Well (La D Da)
3. There is Always, always, always something to be thankful for (Erica Michaels)
4. It was Enough (Free Pattern by Heartstring Samplery)
5. Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can in every place you can, and all the times you can with all the zeal you can - as long as ever you can. (Praiseworthy Stitches)
6. And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden and the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. (AAFG by Rosewood Manor)
7. Needle small with magic power. Charmer of the circling hour. May thy various uses be ever understood by me. (Examplars from the Heart) My mother used to recite this as she would mend clothing, knit or do needlework.
8. I sigh not for beauty nor languish for wealth, but grant me kind providence virtue and health. Then richer than kings and more happy than they. My days will pass swiftly and sweetly away. (C Street Samplers and Little House Needleworks)
9. No joy I covet. No riches I want. Ambition and beauty are nothing to me. The one thing I beg of good heaven to grant is a mind independent and free. (Carriage House Samplers and The Scarlett House)
10. There is an eye that never tires. A God who never sleeps. He knows the secret of each heart. A watchful eye o'er us he keeps. (La D Da)
Plus one (11). How I love the samplers of old. The wonderful stories they must hold. A name, a date, of twiming thread. Who knows the path their lives led. (ByGone Stitches)
Thank you for dropping by! Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart!