Monday, May 09, 2011

New Look


The shingles arrived today for our new roof and they should begin working on it tomorrow unless there is rain. This is not our house but a picture of how the roof should look once it is completed. We plan to paint the house (hopefully within another month) and the colors we will be using are very similar to these in the picture.

I started a new piece on Mother's Day just to try and get my mojo rolling again. I don't like to work on more than one piece at a time so I am really pushing the buttons with three pieces in progress! Just one of those "what was I thinking" moments.

Otherwise, Mother's Day was very quite around here. No trips, no gifts (I told dh I would get something later), no big surprises. Just a day of peace and quite and doing whatever I wanted. A perfect day. I sat outside and watched the birds for awhile, made several phone calls, got several phone calls then watched a day long marathon of one of my favorite shows. Of course, I cooked but I fixed what I was in the mood for this time.

Harold has been on a different shift for awhile which totally throws my mental calendar out of whack. I hate when he works these hours but someone has to do it. He has another doctor appointment coming up and naturally I will be right by his side so I can hear first hand what the doctor has to say.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your visits and comments always brighten my day.

4 comments:

Martha said...

OOOOH That's a pretty house. I just had my house finished in that color with Wineberry Shutters and white trim - I also have large square white columns and i love the look... good choice

Margaret said...

Darn, I was hoping that was your house. It's gorgeous! lol! Love the color scheme though -- good choices for your house. Hope the roofing and painting go quickly and painlessly. Good luck at the doctor with your DH too.

JOLENE said...

I was starting to turn green....with envy...love, love love that house! The colors are great, isn't it exciting to get a new fresh look. So happy for you! Smiles....

Roberto said...

Sé leer inglés y lo entiendo bien. Lo que no sé es escribir. Me gustó la manera de narrar sobre los arreglos que harás en el ático.

Sólo eso.


Gracias por tu atención a mi mensaje en español.

Saludos.


R